Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

What Way? (guest feature)


It was my birthday yesterday *drops laptop, throws hands in the air and runs around screaming "yaaaaaaay"*. I was gonna do a photo post and show you guys how it all went and tell u I had fun and bla bla bla but as an oversabi said 'a year older is a year wiser'. So in celebration of my birthday, I'm going to introduce to you a secret treasure, one of my favourite writters on blogger (note that I didn't call her just a blogger?). She is Fabulo-la and the babe writes, shet! Add her blog Me. And then some to your blog roll and i promise you won't regret it.
Anyhoo, i asked her if i could share this post with you and she agreed. I really hope it speaks to you cos I find myself living it everytime and I pray it reminds you to be cautious too. Enjoy...

 

What Way?

Walking down the path of the way that seems to be right, but the stick in my eye prevents a clear view. My lamp of Judgement aiding my way. My holier-than-thou cloak protecting me against the chill of the pleading stares of passers by, going in the opposite direction, warning me of the stick in my eye. But with the bright light of my 'Judgement lamp' in their faces, they cower away.
How can I with my badge of 'morally upright-ness' associate myself with them?
I pass by a mirror and notice a little stain in my cloak. Black tar-like stain that seems to be growing by the second. I try to wipe it off but it only spreads. Covering it in 'hypocrisy' I leave it. Afterall if no one can see it, it really isn't there.
But as I trudge on, the cloak seems to get heavier and the path dimmer. I refill my judgement lamp with some 'I-am-better-than-you' oil. Just then a passer-by warns me of the trail of tar I am leaving behind and offers to help me clean the cloak.
I yell, accusing her of trying to distract me from the way of the 'right'.
I spit at her, only for the spit to land on my face.
Just then I notice scores of other passers by rushing past me. Right infront of me is the woman who warned me of the stick in my eye. She is in a corner washing away the tar from her cloak.
"Aren't you going in the wrong direction?" she says to me.
'Hmm!' I say to her as I walk hurriedly past her. Careful not to let my cloak get anywhere near her in case she 'stains' it.
The irony.
I hurry along stumbling, as the cloak has gotten heavier and is soaking through my hypocrisy. The stick in my eye has grown and is protruding out my eyeball.
Suddenly I trip and I'm falling. Slowly into a hole. My life if flashed before my eyes and I realise...
I dug the hole with my bare hands. Covered it with hypocrisy and pretence, and now here I am.
Or am not.

Walking down the path of the way that seems to be right, but the stick in my eye prevents a clear view.
I lay my judgement lamp and walk to the 'mirror of truth' to remove the stick in my eye.
And it hurts....


***
God bless you as He delivers you from self-righteousness and leads you to the right path
P.s
My second fave post of her's is I want it all