Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Global Outreach


There is a lot wrong with the world!

That you can read this post means there are 5 things right with you. You can see, read, have a gadget, have access to the internet and have access to the Word. These are things to be grateful for. They also give you an opportunity to be a blessing and give someone else something to be grateful for - to the glory of God.

No matter where you are and in whatever situation you find yourself, there is always something to be grateful for and an opportunity to minister through your life (the best way to preach the gospel is by living the gospel). But there are times when you have to go out of your way and inconvinience yourself to reach out... missionary work. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you, and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. Matt28:19-20

If for some reason you can't do the work or make it to a trip please try to contribute either financially or just support them with prayers. Yes, the people in our immediate environment need the gospel and we preach and support them daily but sometimes the missionaries need to go to a different place to not just bless but also grow spiritually and recharge their batteries in order to come back and serve better. And i believe they put it in prayers before leaving and so it is in the will of God.

Anyway, if you're in the U.S and interested in going on a missions trip, my church (Grace Community Church) is organising 3 outreach trips this year and i'ld love for you to pray about it and see if this is for you
1. Romania/Moldova outreach: this will be May 8 to May 21, 2012 and the focus of the team will be women’s discipleship/leadership training. The estimated cost of the trip is $2,000

2. Guatemala outreach: this will be June 2 to June 9, 2012 and the focus will be to build a permanent shelter for a poor family and ministration to children. The estimated cost is $1,300

3. Italy outreach: this will be during the Summer in July, 2012 and the focus is EVERYONE! I don't have information on the details of this trip but i'll come back to share after the meeting on monday.
For more information please go here , click on Events then on Global Outreach and you'll get everything you need including contacts. May God bless and direct you. P.S don't make the mistake of frowning at the cost because you know that i know that if you save 100 bucks off every pay cheque starting from this week you'll have enough. But who am i with my big mouth to tell you what to do? Please pray about it and may God direct you.
**********
On to other issues, how una dey naw? I'm on a soloquising p mehn but i can't complain at all. Training for the new job is today and i'm super excited, i feel like this is The One because it's not just with kids but also in ministry so it's everything in one and i'm grateful to God for it.

I'll leave you guys with my favourite gospel song. This song has seen me through hell and back, it's the voice of God, the voice of reason whenever i find myself struggling with life and i pray it blesses you as it has me. Have a great weekend :*

By Your Side by Tenth Avenue North

Why are you striving these days?
Why are you trying to earn grace?
Why are you crying?
Let me lift up your face, just don't turn away

Why are you looking for love?
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough?
To where will you go child?
Tell me where will you run, to where will you run?


Chorus:'Cos I'll be by your side wherever you fall
In the dead of night whenever you call
And please don't fight these hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you

Look at these hands at my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in and give you life
I wanna give you life
(Chorus 2x)

'Cause I, I love you, I want you to know
That I, yeah I love you, I'll never let you go
No, no
(Chorus 2x)

Here at my side
My hands are holding you