Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Thank You!

It was a great night, the show was amazing and a girl from our modelling agency won Miss Benue yet again. We were all ecstatic and couldn't wait to go back to school. On our way out though, we got seperated by the crowd.

There was a stampede and people were screaming, pushing, falling, loosing control and I couldn't find myself. Yes, I couldn't find myself. I didn't know where my arms were, couldn't feel my feet and couldn't turn back to wait in the seats. If you ask me, I'm pretty sure I was moved by the crowd in what ever direction they were going because I can't remember walking. 

All of a sudden, I felt someone grab my hand from wherever it was and in a brief second, I looked him. I didn't panick because it was a protective, warm grab like a parent's when they are about to cross the road with a kid. I looked at his face but I was too busy trying to get rescued that I didn't 'see' him.

He guided me through the stampede smoothly and gracefully. It was like everyone knew my hero had come to rescue me and they simply made way for us.
As we approached the doors though, he let go! My hero, my guardian angel let go when we got to the light at the end of the tunnel and I couldn't understand why. I looked around but couldn't find him and it didn't help that I didn't know what he looked like.

Instead of enjoying the fresh air and relief that hit me as I walked out the door, I worried about never being able to say 'Thank you' to him. Then it hit me, he let go on purpose!
I'll never understand why but it reminds me of God and His love for us. We don't always ask for His saving grace but He gives it to us all the time and even when the world is falling on us and we forget to pray, He takes our hands and leads us the right way. And you know the best part? He doesn't wait for us to say 'Thank You' before doing it all over again.

God loves and blesses us despite our faults and without our 'Thank Yous'
because He doesn't need our gratitude to be God. 
He is God and His mercies endure forever.

*If you ever feel like words are not enough to express your gratitude then be an agent of God's love to everyone you see because at the end of the day, the best way to preach the gospel is to live the gospel.