Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Come walk with me

I wrote this a couple of months ago and it was supposed to be my first post but I was scared of being judged so I just left it where it was with the others. But this is MY blog and I'll post whatever I want/feel and hope that somehow, in the midst of the confusion and lack of rhyme someone, somewhere out there will find relief. Enjoy.

                                                *                        *                     *


Sometimes, I feel like I'm floating!
How did I get here?
Who are these people?
I'm looking but I can't see...
I'm listening but I can't hear.
My mind is wandering all over the earth,
searching for something I don't think it'll ever find
cos I don't  even know what it is.


Is it love?
I found it once but it didn't fill me
I've got these fabulous family and the craziest, bestest friends
but they can't quench the thirst.
I tried drinking and smoking
but that lifestyle didn't soothe me.
So, I've turned to God

I've given Him my all because I know that He gives peace beyond human understanding.
Because Romans 8:28 says '...all things work together for good to them that love God...'
Because He'll never leave me nor forsake me
Because 'He gave His only Begotten Son' and will send my enemies flying in 7 directions
I love Him and will do my best to live right cos He's the only sure thing I know.

God has blessed me beyond my wildest expectations and give me the assurance
that He'll take care of me if I let go and let Him.

So, here I am,
barer than I came from my mother's womb.
Scared as hell cos I don't know what tribulations to expect
but sure as can be that as long as I stay on this path,
I can walk through the valley of the shadow of death
and nothing will by any means harm me.
Please take my hand and join me on this walk
filled with life changing experiences.

* Mark 8: 38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when He cometh in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.