Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Ready To Make Nice

     
In my mind, I've forgiven her
In my mind, I've let go
In reality, I've forgiven him - not her
In reality, I know it's all in the past and I should move on already

In my mind, I'm super human and nothing can hurt my feelings
In my mind, I thought knew I didn't care what happened and even felt sorry for her
In reality, I've stopped 'convincing' God that I've forgiven her
In reality, I don't feel sorry for her, I wish her ill!

In Not Ready To Make Nice, Dixie Chicks sing my mind when they go
Forgive, sounds good
Forget, I'm not sure I could
They say time heals everything
But I'm still waiting...

I know I preach love and forgiveness and happiness and all the merry-go-happy things my my heart can think of wherever I find myself, even to those who don't care to listen. But believe me, I know it's hard. Especially when you've convinced yourself that you've moved on only to realize that you just buried the hurt and unforgiveness somewhere in your heart, piled stuff on it and pretended to move.

It seems like I'm blabbing but my point is, people WILL hurt you but it is up to you to set yourself free by forgiving them. "FORGIVENESS IS FOR YOU!"
I haven't forgiven, no lies... but I'm ready to make nice. I'm working on it, I'm praying on it and believing God for the strength and grace to do so cos I've realized that I can't do it on my own.
Are you struggling with unforgiveness? Even if it's towards yourself for something you did or failed to do? Let go, let God and in the end, forgive!

*Colossians 3:13 Be tolerant with one another and forgive one another whenever one of you has a complaint against someone else. You MUST forgive one another just as the Lord has forgiven you.