Monday, January 17, 2011
I got TISB ( The Irresistibly Sweet Blog ) award, o my God! Less than 2months here and someone thought of this blog for an award... this means so much to me and the best part is I got it from lani. He is a good ol' friend and I have alot of respect for him. He would be on the list of people i'm giving the award back to if he wasn't the one who gave it to me. About that, apparently, when you receive TISB award you name 5 guilty pleasures then pass the award over to 3 people :(
I'm not proud of my guilty pleasures but I guess that's why they are called 'guilty' pleasures and I particularly find 2 of them embarassing so please 'judge not, that you may not be judged'... It's in the Bible o, ehen!
1. FOOD: I looove foooooood!!! Shet! From a simple plate of indomie noodles, through a finger licking plate of brabisko and yakuwa with a drop of mai shanu to a sexy plate of basmati rice with sweet and sour soup, my skinny frame cannot have enough of good food. The Lord really loves me because if my weight was proportional to my eating habits then I'm pretty sure I'll be able to give Yoko Zuna a run for his money.
2. MUSIC: Take my music away and you might as well shoot me in the heart! I've been yelled at at work for always having my earpiece stuck in my ears and one of the things that attracted me to 'my' Church was the music. Family Worship Choir is the best in the world! Yes, I said it! Those guys got me singing - out loud- and dancing in Church to the glory of God so it is my believe that they can move a mountain. I love music, all genres of music and I don't know how I would survive without my music gadgets.
3. CATCHING EXPENSIVE 'TRIPS': I know expensive things don't always come with quality but I love to spend ALOT of money on just one item or an experience. As soon as I get my paycheck, I always run to an expensive restaurant (with or without a friend) to fulfill this guilty pleasure and number 1 above *covers face in shame*. I am also one of those idiots that buy really expensive underwear, original cds (this is a waste of money where I'm from) and can pay for hours at the spa.
4. READING: I read everything! minus pornography, romance and newspapers that is *covers face in shame again*. From biographies to fiction, comedy to horror, religious to whatever, if it's in a book, on a piece of paper, on the internet, even on the wall, I will read it. Reading calms my soul and gives me the opportunity to travel the world and fight monsters while lying on my bed at 2am. It's always a wonderful experience :)
Last and definately not the least...
5. GREY'S ANATOMY: need I say more?
The recipients of The Irresistibly Sweet Blog award are
Untitled by Michael Perkins. Michael finds a way to relate every life experience from tomatoes in a burger to farts in an elevator to our relationship with God, and he is a great story teller. He also scribbles thought provoking notes on paper and uploads them. Simplicity at its best.
Confessions of a confused teenager by Leggy. If it's on her mind, she blogs about it and I love that about her. It's not easy to say/blog what's on your mind all the time cos people read and people judge and fear of that determines alot of what we end up saying. So yeah, I love her blog for the sincerity.
La petite sirene by Ariel. Her's is more like a photoblog with pictures that are sure to put a smile on your face. Ariel loves without a care in the world and her blog is a breath of fresh air from all the 'seriousness' around here. I found her by clicking continuously on 'next blog' one lazy afternoon, can you imagine?
I need to break the rules and add 1 more
Light-a-lamp by Jaycee. I know she has received this award already but OMG! this woman writes for my soul. I'm not exaggerating. Every post speaks to me. She puts up a link on twitter and I just know there's a lesson waiting for me to learn.
Ok, that's it. This is probably my longest post so far and I hope someone is still reading. Have a lovely week guys :-*