Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Idiosyncrasy

  • At various stages of my life

Me: I’m not dating right now

  • Responses from men tend to fall into a variation of the following 4 exaggerated categories, some mix and match but most stick to one

Man 1: Fuck you! 

Man 2: That’s ‘cause you haven’t had this dick, I can change your life! 

Man 3: But I love you.

Man 4: Okay, so, I got us a table for 2 at this exclusive restaurant. I bought you a car, a house, and an island… I can get you into heaven if you want.

** 3 and 4 tend to go together. 2, 3 and 4 sometimes end up as 1 but occasionally, they slide into 5 


  • Only one man has given a mostly okay response from the get go. This response is not perfect because when I start dating, I feel guilty for not letting them know… especially if they are on my social media and can tell that I’m seeing someone


Man 5: Okay but please let me know when you start dating. You’re really cool and I would love to be with you.


  • In my 34 years, 11 months and 15 days on earth, only one man has respected my autonomy and given the only appropriate response to that statement


Man 6: Thanks for letting me know. It’s great that you know what you want and I wish you the best.