Pages

Monday, March 27, 2023

Mouth Breather

I have never been afraid of endings

I have witnessed enough sunrises to see only the beauty in sunsets

To feel the sudden drop in temperature

To watch light gradually turn to darkness

And find comfort in knowing that tomorrow

I’ll get the chance to try again


Endings are only truly endings when we run out of tomorrows

And I still have a handful of tomorrows 

So as surely as the sun rises after it sets

I know that this will be a distant memory tomorrow


TLDR: Not me setting myself on fire and telling my friends I want to watch myself burn then being shocked at the effrontery of my body to actually burn


Alternatively alternate summary: The audacity of my heart to afford heartache on an emotionally unavailable salary will never not be funny