Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

CP: The Romance of Getting Over You

 Chapter One of My Life. 

I walk down the street. There's a deep hole in the sidewalk. I fall in. 

I am lost. I am helpless. It isn't my fault. It takes forever to find a way out.


Chapter Two. 

I walk down the same street. There's a deep hole in the sidewalk. I pretend I don't see it. I fall in again. I can't believe I'm in the same place! But it isn't my fault. And it still takes a long time to get out.


Chapter Three. 

I walk down the same street. There's a deep hole in the sidewalk. I see it there. I still fall in. It's a habit! My eyes are open. I know where I am. It is my fault. I get out immediately.


Chapter Four. 

I walk down the same street. There's a deep hole in the sidewalk. I walk around it.


Chapter Five. 

I walk down a different street.


Portia Nelson, 'There's a Hole in My Sidewalk: The Romance of Self-Discovery'