Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

No.Mad

 I was torn out of my mother's womb before I was ready for the world
I wasn't done swimming
I wanted one last day in a utopia that was all mine
And her's
She and I
Together
Connected by nature
Biology
Love
But they cut me out
Because they thought I wanted to hurt her
Myself
Us
And in the process
They cut out a part of us
And never put us back together quite right
And it hurt
It still hurts
So
I have spent my life not lingering
Because I never want to overstay my welcome
To be cut out
To be told "you need to leave"
I have managed to become a Lost Boy
In a world where I have managed to find love everywhere I've ever been
(and I've been a lot of places)
It's a wild wonder
But no mistake at all
So
Don't ask me to stay
Staying makes me restless
Makes my spine itch
My eyes dry
My feet sore
My heart wonder
When you'll have too much of me
When you'll want me gone

Don't ask me to stay
The wild is calling out to me
Begging me to return
Pleading to be explored and conquered

Don't ask me to stay
You can't tame a restless soul
Keep me too long and 
I'll eat you from the inside out
Lick your bones and
Walk away hungry

Don't ask me to stay
I can't hear you
Over the sound of my footsteps
Walking away from you
And you
Again
And again

Stop asking me to stay
I can do bad all by myself.